Battle of Iron Works Hill
This year's event is Saturday, December 14, 2013.
(Mount Holly weather and directions.)
See Speakers, Presentations and Special Events for the latest information on what's happening this year. See also the 2012 souvenir program.
This annual commemoration features Crown and Continental forces in camp, drilling, and eventually battling through town, from the Prison Museum on High Street to Monroe Street Park. We'll also have children's musket drills, Mercy Ingraham's cooking demonstrations, author John Nagy talking on "Spies in Philadelphia," Stacy Roth presenting "Revolutionary Tea," a British regimental surgeon, Ned Hector and English Country Dancing, plus a few surprises.
Click the buttons at the top or bottom of each page to jump to these pages:
- Information for visitors concerning the day's activities.
- Information for reenactors, including the registration form.
- Information on what happened in and around Mount Holly 232 years ago.
- Images from the 18th and 21st centuries depict where the battle took place and provide directions to the event.
- This page lists some of the units participating in the event, plus links to local historical sites and information about event sponsors.
- Check the latest forecast for Mount Holly (ZIP Code 08060).